All we can do is rest




There is nothing I can do to earn my salvation.  I can not appease God.  I can not make Him like/love me more by acting a certain way. . . by behaving in a fashion that resembles godliness.

I can, however, rest in His unfailing love, and praise Him because of His goodness, not to earn His goodness.

When He delights in me, it's because of His goodness, not my own.  When He forgives me, it's because of His mercy, not my perfection.

He is gracious because He is grace.

He is loving because He is love.

He is faithful because it is impossible for Him to change.  His word says, "if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself." (II. Timothy 2:13)

So what else can we do, but praise this grace-filled, loving, faithful Father?  We praise Him not for what He can do for us, but rather for what He can and is doing within us.

He takes those undeserving of grace, and kindly brings them to a place of wholeness.

He guides those with imperfect love to a beautiful dwelling where His love is felt and in turn, expressed.

And He shows a faithless generation what His never-ending faith, hope, and love can to do rescue their souls from sinking into despair.

We are not good to show Him how lucky He is to have us.  We are good because He has us.

When He is LORD of our lives, we are launched into a lifetime of transformation.  Not to be good enough, but to be made aware that we are not God.  We can not be better at what He is the best at.

Grace.

Love.

Faith.

All we can do is rest.

Rest in what He is doing for us, in us, and through us.

Comments

  1. I love this and needed it today! :) Thank you!

    Love you,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts