"...there am I among them."









"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."
Matthew 18:20









This verse is comforting for several reasons, but the one that I find most helpful is knowing that when He is present, things change.  All through God's Word, we find evidence that when Jesus shows up, at least 
three things happen.


1. Healing

"Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  He sent forth His word and healed them; He rescued them from the grave.  Let them give thanks to the LORD for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men.
Psalm 107:19-21

"He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24


2. Restoration

"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits- Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.
Psalm 103:2-4

One definition of redeem is: "to buy back; to make better, more acceptable."


3. Peace

"The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace."
Psalm 29:11

"You will keep him in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3


I know these truths, not only because I have seen them displayed through God's Word, but because He has brought these things to my life.

I'm thankful today for the Healing, Restoration, and Peace He has brought to my life.  And, I love the fact that when 2 or 3 are gathered in His name, He is there among them... And when He is there - Beautiful things can happen.


Comments

Popular Posts